Monday, May 31, 2010

Street Hypnosis - Ask Sean

Q. I know you are an expert on Dave Elman's work, and I have seen you teach the Dave Elman Induction. Did Dave Elman have a special way to emerge his subjects from hypnosis?
A. This is a great question! Dave's emergence was simple, yet elegant. It almost never results in a hypnotic hangover. Here is what Dave would say.

"In a moment I am going to have you open your eyes and when you do, you will feel better than you have all day.... Now open your eyes and see how good you feel!"

That's it! He gives a post hypnotic suggestion that the person will feel good after emergence and then he emerges the subject.

Many hypnotists will take a long time to do the emergence (I do this too sometimes) but it really isn't necessary. So, now you know! Street hypnosis is quick hypnosis, so why not make your emergence quick too?!
I will post more details on this in my next offering.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sean,

Ive been studying your street hypnosis information and would like to know what is the best "Scenario" or "Set-up" to use in a public place to get started?

We couldn't attract anyone to even start doing suggest-ability tests..lol

Allen said...

A good but fast Elman Induction takes from about one minute to a minute and a half. I haven't seen Elman Inductions used much in street hypnosis but if you have the time I think they're more effective than many of the speed inductions that are frequently used.