Sunday, April 13, 2008

2 April Issue of Extreme Street Hypnosis

Sean Michael Andrews'

EXTREME Street Hypnosis Newsletter

IN THIS ISSUE
Camera Safety
Win A Classic Hypno Book
Ask Sean
Meet Keith Livingston
Assisting Trance
Upcoming Hypnosis Classes
QUICK LINKS
Instant Induction Course
Weekend Hypnosis Course
JOIN OUR LIST

Street Hypnosis Safety



Camera Safety

We love to capture our instant inductions on film, but we need to look out for our cameramen as well as our subjects. Often the cameraman will be so intent on documenting the hypnosis, that he could be knocked down by a passerby or vehicle. This subject came up in a recent class. One of my students had a lot of experience in shooting films and he gave me a great idea. Get one of those reflective vests, similar to those worn by road crews, and have "Camera Crew" or something similar printed on the back of it. This lends more credibility to your demonstration AND keeps your cameraman safe. Let's keep street hypnosis fun and safe!
Want to Win a Cool Prize?



Add This Book to your Library!

I found a classic hypnosis book in a used book store recently. The last book prize I offered was out of print, but this one is really special. Sure, you could buy the reprint on Amazon, but this is an edtion from 1923 with some extra stuff about sales thrown in. I found an old business card tucked into the book and I'm including it. You'll probably get a kick out of it. The book was originally printed in 1901. The book is titled "Practical Lessons in Hypnotism" by Wm Wesley Cook and it mixes hypnotism with old time Mesmerism. Here are some of the interesting chapter titles.

Criminal Hypnotism
Developing a Subject
Hypnotist's Secret
Mind Reading
This is really a cool book with lots of concepts that you will find amazing. To become eligible to win this book, just forward this newsletter (There is a link at the bottom that reads "Forward email") to three other hypnotists or other interested persons, and you will be in the drawing to win! The software will automatically register you. Good luck!

Last issue's winner of an advance copy of my new instructional DVD valued at $109.95, was Dave Buzzalini AKA DrDave of Las Vegas, Nevada. Congratulations, Dave! Dave liked the video so much, he wrote me a review that I've included in this issue.
Ask Sean



The Three Handshake Induction

Reader Question
I did a "finger magnet" suggestibility test. Then I went for a "congratulations" handshake which I intended to turn into a "three handshake" induction. It didn't work. What went wrong?

Sean's Answer
The Dave Elman "three handshake" induction is very effective if you explain to the subject exactly what will happen before you do the induction. Say, "I'm going to shake your hand three times. On the first handshake your eyes will feel heavy, droopy, drowsy and sleepy, but they won't close yet. On the second handshake they will become even heavier, but still you will manage just barely to keep them open. The third time I shake your hand, your eyes close down, your head drops forward and you go into a pleasant, deep, hypnotic slumber. Does that sound good?"
If the subject says, "Yes.", do the induction after telling him that his legs will remain firm beneath him. On the third handshake pull the hand down and toward you sharply and shout, "Sleep!" Continue talking and deepen the subject.

Note: Always check to make sure the subject doesn't have any injuries or physical limitations that would cause him/her to be injured with the arm pull.

Issue: # 14
2 April 2008
Greetings!


We're spreading the word about the exciting activity of Street Hypnosis and passing along "best practices" to make street hypnosis fun and safe.

The EXTREME Street Hypnosis Newsletter is now read in 25 countries!
Spotlight On Keith Livingston

Name: Keith Livingston (hypnosis101.com)

Home Base: Seattle

I first became aware of Keith about four years ago when I read his modified Dave Elman induction in an NLP class I was taking. The induction was written so well that anyone could hypnotize a subject, just by reading the words. I thought that was pretty amazing! Last month I got to meet Keith and I can say that he is as personable face-to-face as he is in his videos. I am happy to feature Keith in this edition of the newsletter!

Hypnotist and hypnosis educator Keith Livingston is the author of more than 15 NLP and hypnosis related programs including a complete hypnosis certification program, programs on Master Practitioner NLP techniques such as the Milton Model, Sleight of Mouth, Advanced Metaphor and more.He's also appeared on television and radio numerous times as an expert on NLP/hypnosis, including an appearance on the John Walsh show.

Sean Can you tell us a little bit about the modified Dave Elman induction on your website?
Keith Sure. So many people want to learn a good, reasonably quick, effective induction. The Elman is one of my favorites so I wrote it out for folks. The original wording could have been a little tighter so I changed a bit of the wording. It's a fun induction!
Sean How important is NLP to a hypnotist?
Keith Without NLP, you're working with one arm tied behind your back. Whenever I hear a hypnotist talking who does not have NLP training I wonder how they do it.
Sean When you encounter an abreaction during recreational hypnosis, what is your preferred method to deal with this?
Keith I do the same thing I do in a session. When someone gets upset during hypnosis, you treat them exactly as you would any person who is upset. There's a story about student who once asked a prominent hypnotherapist, "What do you do if someone starts to cry when they're in trance?" "I hand them a tissue," he said. That's my theory too!
Sean What is it that you bring that's unique to the field of hypnosis?
Keith Great question. I see a lot of hypnosis instructors giving step-by-step instruction. And that's great as a first step or as part of your hypnosis training. But if all you get is a procedure, that's all you'll ever be able to do. I believe strongly that it's crucial to understand why things work--the concepts behind the steps. I spend practically all my time looking at hypnosis from that angle. Why does induction "A" work better than induction"B" with this type of person. What is hypnosis really? What elements does an induction have to have in order to be effective? Then I teach those concepts to people along with step-by-step examples. It's the difference between giving someone directions to your house and teaching them how to read a map. Teach them how to read a map and they can go anywhere!




"That's Right"



Assisting Trance
Last week I was working with a client for smoking cessation and when the session was over, she giggled and said, "You sure do say "That's Right" a lot!" She is absolutely right about that, and here is why. "That's right." and "Good." are not just filler words. Your client/subject has probably never been hypnotized before and is probably wondering if she's doing it right. To let her know that she's going into hypnosis, it helps to say something like "Good." or "That's right." every time she does something that seems trancy. Say it if she swallows, clears her throat, scratches her ear, relaxes her shoulders, or anything else. This will let her know that she's doing well and will assist her in going into hypnosis. Here's a video of a Dave Elman induction. See if you can count how many times I say those words.
Instant Hypnosis DVD Almost Done!


Almost Done!
Many of my readers and youtube viewers have asked when I would finish my Instant and Rapid Hypnosis DVD. Well, I finally did it! Here's your chance (VERY SOON) to sit in (electronically) on my Instant Hypnosis course. Topics covered are:
Elman Instant Induction
Hand Drop Induction
Arm Pull Induction
Handshake Interrupt
Hypnosis Safety and MUCH more!
I will offer these videos for $109.95 on my website, but the first ten people who order the two-DVD set can get it for $79.95. Details will be included in the next issue. Here's a testimonial from a hypnotist who got an advance copy:

"I must say, Your DVD's are among THE BEST I've EVER Watched on Hypnosis!!! Everything went Right AND Wrong (Almost wrong) IE: Subject NOT Loosing the numbers while doing Elman, yet you made an INSTANT and awesome change to put her under. I've watched BOTH DVD's 3x each, My gosh you are GREAT !!!! The info so far is Priceless !!! Again THANK YOU....."

-Dave Buzaalini


Sean's Upcoming Hypnosis Classes!


Two-Day No Nonsense Hypnosis Class
-May 3-4 - Ocean City, MD
Cost $495

Two-Day Instant Hypnosis Class
September (TBD) West Coast

Two-Day Hypnosis Best Practices Seminar
-June 14-15 Hampton Inn, Stamford, CT
-October 25-26 Hampton inn, Tampa, FL
Cost $495

Seven-Day NGH Ceritification Course
-July 12-18 Columbia, MD
Cost $1895
"Great course. Crisp, clean, with great demos and plenty of practice and very rapid learning!"

Oscar Gillespie, (New York)

We hope you enjoyed the tips in this newsletter. Please send any comments or questions to Contact Email

If you know someone who might like to see the newsletter, please click on the "Forward Email" link below.

Sincerely,

Sean Michael Andrews



www.WorldsFastestHypnotist.com

No comments: